The economies and the corporations of the world explained in the utmost simplifies way with the common example of two cows.
Friday, 13 November 2015
'Sam Bahadur' Manekshaw was well - known for his bravery for under his command, Indian Forces conducted victorious campaigns against Pakistan in the Indo - Pakistan War of 1971 that led to the liberation of Bangladesh in Dec 1971.
He is also known for his forthright approach. Here are some of the examples of his forthrightedness in dealing with the then Prime Minister of India, Mrs. Indira Gandhi.
Sunday, 1 November 2015
From Curriculum Vitae to Digital Portfolio
- Though the words like C.V. (Curriculum Vitae), Resume and Bio-Data are used interchangeably as synonymous, yet there is a difference among them.
- Resume is the shortest in form among the three. Then comes C.V. followed by Bio-Date.
- One should be careful about what recruiter is asking for. One should not keep any one form ready and print the same whenever job opportunity knocks the door.
- If CV is asked, do not give Resume or Bio-Data.
- Resume remains much in demand as people do not have time to read so many pages. One should keep a page or two of Resume ready and handy to be produced as and when required.
- If you are curious to know the difference among them, the below given presentation will help you.
- Well, the presentation is prepared a few years back so it talks about Digital Portfolio but do not discuss examples.
- What is DP? DP is Digital Portfolio - is also know as an electronic portfolio (also known as an eportfolio, e-portfolio, digital portfolio, or online portfolio)is a collection of electronic evidence assembled and managed by a user, usually on the Web. Such electronic evidence may include inputted text, electronic files, images, multimedia, blog entries, and hyperlinks. E-portfolios are both demonstrations of the user's abilities and platforms for self-expression, and, if they are online, they can be maintained dynamically over time.An e-portfolio can be seen as a type of learning record that provides actual evidence of achievement. Learning records are closely related to the Learning Plan, an emerging tool that is being used to manage learning by individuals, teams, communities of interest, and organizations. To the extent that a Personal Learning Environment captures and displays a learning record, it also might be understood to be an electronic portfolio. (Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_portfolio)
- Now-a-days, students should have Digital Portfolio of their academic, co-curricular and extra-extracurricular activities.
- If you want to have a look at Digital Portfolios of students, please click here and follow the links.
Click here to visit the blog post > click on the Batch 2013-15 or any other. You will see the names of the students. Click on the names to visit their Digital Portfolio.
Friday, 23 October 2015
To Evaluate this presentation, click here
2. Title of Presentation:
"To evaluate my Presentation, click here"
Thursday, 22 October 2015
Online Rubric for Written Assignment
|Such evaluation in abstraction (at the mercy of the will of teacher) does not help students. It must be concretized in definable terms|
- Peer Evaluation (Student's Written Assignment evaluated by student)
- Teacher Evaluation (Teacher's evaluation of student's Written Assignment)
- Self-evaluation (Student evaluates her/himself)
This online rubric to evaluate Written Assignment is prepared with the help of evaluation criteria used by An American University of Rome (http://www.aur.edu/)
Online Rubric for Oral Presentation
|Students making Oral Presentations|
Time and again, friends and fellow teachers have inquired about the way to evaluate Oral presentations. Whether it is ongoing Assessment or final Evaluation, both require criteria, measures and it should be evidence driven. Moreover, the abstract marking or grading of student's performance should be defined in concrete terms. Some definable criteria should be set which can be used as measures and which can be supported with evidence. Here is an example which can be of some help to all those who are concerned with assessment and evaluation of Oral Presentations.
- Peer Evaluation (Student's oral presentation evaluated by student)
- Teacher Evaluation (Teacher's evaluation of student's oral presentation)
- Self-evaluation (Student evaluates her/himself)
We have taken help of ReadWriteThink, NCTE from this website to prepare this rubric. © ILA/NCTE
Saturday, 17 October 2015
Friday, 16 October 2015
It's the 'Experience' to write a Postcard
Some concerns about writing Postcard in Digital Age
We may cite examples of Il Postino: The Postman (See footnote), a fictional story in which the real life Chilean poet Pablo Neruda forms a relationship with a simple postman. But in real, pragmatic life, the idea of postcard seems to be weird.
|Waiting to write reply postcard . . .|
Sunday, 11 October 2015
Zero Dark Thirty - a film
The historical event, the literary expression, the illusion and freedom from time and space
The one who are victorious, becomes the writer / narrator of the history. One who believes in this definitions are the defeated on and thus history is also self-delusion of the defeated. History and literature are deeply connected. Northrop Frye observed that Literature stands on the support of Philosophy and History. The film is a literary expression. Thus, an imaginary narration of the historical event. As time passes on the line of difference between history and its imaginary narration starts getting blurred and seems to be one and the same. Therefore, it becomes necessary to ponder upon the historical events which are near in time and consciousness and its narration in literature. This film (Zero Dark Thirty) is classic example of certainty produced at the point where inadequacies of documentation and imperfections of memory meet. Without any evidence, we are at the mercy of 'visual confirmation' of Maya. Maya is a Sanskrit word for “magic” or “illusion”) a fundamental concept in Hindu philosophy, notably in the Advaita (Nondualist) school of Vedanta. Maya originally denoted the magic power with which a god can make human beings believe in what turns out to be an illusion.
Well, the film is worth watching.Watch it for Maya. Her unflinching doggedness in pursuit of her goal. Her belief in what she believes. . . and later on she is the only one to confirm what she believes. That's where the symbolic significance of her name 'Maya'- an illusion becomes crucial to understand the film.
Brief note on Hollywood and Bollywood
I watch this film on YouTube. I rented the film for Rs. 50 for 48 hours. It was quite unique